Relief Services is a non-profit, community-based organization that was established by the Tooele County Commission to assist local churches and agencies that routinely help persons and families who are in crisis due to lack of food and shelter. TCRS also coordinates crisis intervention services to more effectively help persons and families who are in desperate need.
What we do:
- Work with Tooele County dispatch to ensure that 24/7 response is available to anyone who is in crisis due to lack of food or shelter.
- Facilitate access to emergency food and shelter through community partnerships.
- Provide a comfortable location where individuals and families who are in crisis can meet with an advocate to discuss their situation and identify possible solutions.
- Provide personal advocacy for individuals who are in crisis by empowering them with knowledge of available resources and exploring options with them in a supportive, non-judgmental environment.
- Distribute donated services and goods in a manner that is responsive to immediate needs and individual circumstances.
- Provide bus tokens or fuel (when funds are available) to help transport stranded travelers or homeless persons and families who are better served by resources in SLC.
- Document assistance that is provided and identify the recipients who are served, then share information with community partners so that services are not duplicated.
- Routinely seek assistance funding through grants, fundraising and other community donations to maintain services to those in need.
- Collaborate with statewide and national organizations that work towards innovative solutions to homelessness and poverty issues.