City Hall Tooele
inscription of the plaque reads: Erected in 1867 as a county court
house. Active in construction were James Hammond, William Broad,
Isaac Lee, W.C. Gollaher, John Gillespie, George Atkins and John
Gordon. The building was used for a courthouse, city hall and amusement
center until 1941, when the new city hall on Main Street was completed.
Later the building was turned over to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers
museum. Rock used in the building was taken from Settlement Canyon
in Tooele County. The Sons of Utah Pioneers had the building placed
on the State Historical Register. The building is presently used
as a museum for the DUP.
Continue to Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum >>