monument represents the approximate site of the Burnt Station, also
known as the original Canyon Station. It was built about 1860, and
the actual site is unknown. Station keepers at this site were reportedly
killed during an ambush by Indians while having breakfast. One mile
beyond this site the road forks. Going right leads to Gold Hill;
going left to Ibapah.
to Ibapah Historical Monument >>