NOTICE AND AGENDA
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE TOOELE COUNTY COMMISSION WILL HOLD A REGULAR MEETING ON TUESDAY APRIL 15, 2008, AT 3:00 P.M., IN ROOM 310, TOOELE COUNTY COURTHOUSE, 47 SOUTH MAIN STREET, TOOELE, UTAH. THE AGENDA IS:
DATED THIS DAY _________________OF _________________, 2008
Marilyn K. Gillette
Tooele County Clerk
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations during this meeting should notify Marilyn K. Gillette, Tooele County Clerk, at 843-3148 prior to the meeting.
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE
TOOELE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
HELD APRIL 15, 2008
Chairman Johnson called the meeting to order at 3:00 p.m. The time, place and agenda of the meeting had been provided to the Tooele Transcript Bulletin and to each member of the governing body by delivering copies of the notice and agenda at least two days before to each of them.
1. ROLL CALL. The clerk called the roll which showed Commissioners Colleen Johnson, Chairman; Jerry Hurst and Bruce Clegg present. Also present were Doug Hogan, Attorney, and Holly Shields, Deputy Clerk.
2. MINUTES. Commissioner Clegg moved to approve the minutes of the Commission Meetings held March 25, 2008 and April 8, 2008. Commissioner Hurst stated on the April 8th minutes, on #8, it should read B&A Tile Company, not Title. Commissioner Hurst then seconded the motion, with the corrections mentioned. All concurred.
3. TAX ADJUSTMENTS. Commissioner Clegg moved to approve the following tax adjustments: A) Tooele City Corporation, Parcel # 02-107-0-0007. Parcel should have been tax exempt. Adjustment $126.64. B) Melissa G. Perkins, Plate # P000750927. Refund of property tax paid April 8, 2008. Relief amount $10.00. C) Bernard J. or Arva D. Mehlbauer, Plate # 69633K. Refund, age base fee paid March 8, 2008 over internet, no longer owns trailer. Relief Amount $20.00. Commissioner Hurst seconded the motion. All concurred.
4. INVOICES. Commissioner Clegg moved to approve Warrants issued April 11, 2008 in the amount of $371,562.99, Check # 090596 thru # 090772. Commissioner Hurst seconded the motion. All concurred.
5. DESERET PEAK COMPLEX. Mark McKendrick, Parks and Recreation, provided bids for a Truck and Pup, as follows:
Talley Transportation, 1997 Kenworth W 900B Truck and Pup - $53,000.00 Isaiah KSL.Com, 1997 Autocar Truck and Pup - $63,000.00 Darrell KSL.Com, 1996 Kenworth T800 Truck - $52,000.00 Wheeler Machinery, 2004-2007 Kenworth T300 Trucks - $42,500.00 to $77,000.00
Commissioner Hurst moved to approve the bid for the 1997 Kenworth W 900B Truck and Pup from Talley Transportation for $53,000.00. Commissioner Clegg seconded the motion. All concurred.
6. CONTRACT WITH JUSTICE BENEFITS, INC. FOR SERVICES IN SEEKING AND APPLYING FOR FEDERAL REIMBURSEMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR TOOELE COUNTY. Frank Park, Tooele County Sheriff, stated JBI provides assistance to help us apply for Federal money. This is a reimbursement for holding aliens in our jail. It is a State Criminal Meeting Assistance Program. We don't have to pay them unless they get money and then they get 22%. They are a reputable company. Commissioner Hurst moved to approve the contract with Justice Benefits, Inc. Commissioner Clegg seconded the motion. All concurred.
7. QUITCLAIM DEED OF PROPERTY IN WENDOVER TO BEEHIVE TELEPHONE CO., INC. Doug Hogan, Tooele County Attorney, stated that Beehive Telephone had purchased this parcel, located at the Wendover Airport, from Wendover City before Tooele County took ownership of the Airport Property; however, the City failed to convey title of the parcel to Beehive Telephone. When the City conveyed the Airport property to Tooele County, this parcel was included in the conveyance and it should not have been, inasmuch as Beehive Telephone had already paid the City for it. There has been some concern about the accuracy of the legal description of the property; therefore, it was decided to do a Quitclaim Deed. Commissioner Hurst moved to approve the Quitclaim Deed. Commissioner Clegg seconded the motion. All concurred.
8. CONTRACT FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES ON THE STUDY OF A REGIONAL SEWER PLANT. Nicole Cline, Engineering, stated this contract with Aqua Engineering, Inc. is for engineering consulting services for the study of a conceptual plan for the Tooele Valley Water Reclamation Facility. The contract amount is for $25,000.00 and if it is more than this amount, the company will have to cover the costs. Commissioner Hurst moved to approve the contract with Aqua Engineering, Inc. Commissioner Clegg seconded the motion. All concurred.
9. CONTRACT REVIEW. A) 05-04-10 - Lease Agreement at Wendover Building, Tooele County and Highway Patrol will be reviewed in December. B) 05-04-14 - Mutual Assistance & Support, Tooele County, Tooele County Sheriff and Deseret Chemical Depot; C) 06-04-04 - Reimbursement Agreement, Tooele County and Energy Solutions; D) 06-04-15 - Jail Pharmacy Services Agreement, Tooele County and Superior Care Pharmacy will all be reviewed in April, 2009. E) 06-05-05 - Relief Services Coordinator, Tooele County and Karen Kuipers has no further need for review.
10. ADJOURN. Commissioner Hurst moved to adjourn the meeting at 3:15 p.m. Commissioner Clegg seconded the motion. The meeting adjourned.
Approved May 6, 2008 By:____________________