Tooele County Recorder / Surveyor
Tooele County General Plan Update
Tooele County has hired a consultant to update the
County's General Plan, visit Landmark Design's website for more information.
Website Link: http://www.ldi-ut.com/tooele.html
What we do. . .
The Recorder/Surveyor is elected to a six-year term. He/she records documents and maps and also maintains cross-reference indexes to these records. The office provides for the subsequent retrieval of records for public viewing and produces copies and certifications of the records.
The office is to perform all boundary, topographical, and property surveys of county properties, parks, recreational facilities, engineering improvements, and land to be purchased and/or sold by Tooele County. The Recorder/Surveyor's office maintains and keeps record of all surveying work performed for the county and provides assistance to the public.
Examples of typically recorded documents are:
- Real Property Records
- Notice of Default
- Proof of Labor
- Tax Liens
- Quit Claim Deeds
- Water Documents
- Un-Patented Mining Claims
- Maps (Filings)
- Federal Military Discharge Papers
- Roadway Dedication Maps
Responsibilities of the Recorder/ Surveyor's office include:
- Records, stores, and retrieves land documents in the Public Records.
- Assists the public in locating real property parcels on ownership plats.
- Assists the public in locating records.
- Records Military Discharges and provides certified copies of the documents at no charge.
- Sell copies of documents and plats to the public.
- Provides certified copies of documents for a fee. These may be recorded in the office of any other County Recorder in the State. (Utah Code 17-21-4, 57-3-4)
- Files Record of Surveys
- Reviews subdivision plats
- Files Corner Recorders
- Maintains Tie Sheets
The Recorder / Surveyor's Office Staff Does Not:
- Prepare legal documents
- Notarize documents
- Interpret legal documents
- Provide engineering services
- Give legal advice
- Perform title searches for the public
- Furnish legal descriptions over the telephone
- Provide private surveying services